The Windows control panel is a feature of the Microsoft Windows operating system that allows users to view and change various settings on their computer. The control panel provides access to system settings, including hardware and software configuration options, user accounts, and system security settings.
To access the Windows control panel, you will need to open the Start menu. To do this, click the Start button or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
Next, locate and click the Control Panel icon. You may need to scroll down to find it. Alternatively, you can type ‘control panel’ in the Start menu search box to display the icon for easy access.
When the Control Panel window opens, you will be presented with several categories of settings. You can select from the list to adjust different system settings as desired.
• System and Security: This category contains settings related to the overall system and security of your computer, such as System Restore, Windows Update, and Windows Defender.
• Network and Internet: This category contains settings related to networking and connecting to the internet, such as Wi-Fi and Ethernet (wired connection) settings.
• Hardware and Sound: This category contains settings related to audio, devices, printers, and other peripheral hardware.
• Programs: This category contains settings related to programs and applications installed on your computer.
• User Accounts: This category contains settings related to user accounts, including password management, personalization settings, and Parental Controls.
• Ease of Access: This category contains settings related to accessibility options and assistive technologies.
In each category, you can find additional settings located in the left-hand column. Clicking on a setting will bring up a window for adjusting the associated setting. From here, you can make adjustments as desired and save your changes.
If you are having difficulty using the Windows control panel, you may want to consult your Windows help documentation or contact Microsoft customer support.