The Windows Control Panel is a powerful tool that can be used to customize various aspects of your computer and its settings. While it cannot be used to directly block websites, it can be used to configure Internet Explorer to block certain websites. This will not affect any other browsers you may have installed.
Follow these steps to block a website using Windows Control Panel:
1. Log into your account on your computer.
2. Open up the Control Panel by clicking on the Start button and then selecting Control Panel from the list of programs.
3. In the Control Panel, select “Network and Internet” and then select “Internet Options”.
4. In the Internet Options dialogue box, select the “Security” tab.
5. Select the “Restricted Sites” icon and then click “Sites”.
6. Enter the web address of the site you would like to block and click “Add”. The web address should begin with http:// or https://.
7. Repeat step 6 for as many sites as you would like to block, and then click “OK”.
8. Close the Internet Options window and the Control Panel.
Your computer is now configured to block websites that you have entered in the Restricted Sites list. To view this list at any time, open up the Control Panel and follow the same steps as above. You can also add and remove websites in the list at any time.
By blocking certain websites in the Windows Control Panel, you are restricting access to those websites only while using Internet Explorer. Any other browsers you may have installed on your computer – such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Opera – will ignore these restrictions and will still allow you to access all websites.