1. Do your own research: Make sure to do thorough research on any cryptocurrency before investing to make sure it’s legitimate and secure.
2. Use a reputable exchange: Find a trusted exchange that has a good reputation and is known for its security measures.
3. Use two-factor authentication: Always use two-factor authentication whenever available to increase your account security.
4. Practice good security measures: Create strong passwords, store digital asset private keys offline, and back up your wallet files in multiple locations.
5. Be aware of scams: Beware of phishing attempts, fake ICOs, and other malicious activities.