1. Use a trusted wallet – When selecting a digital currency wallet, ensure that it is well-maintained and secure. Look out for well-reviewed products from reliable providers and always be sure to read user reviews before deciding on a wallet.
2. Secure your computer – Make sure your computer is secure at all times by updating your operating system, anti-virus software, and internet security regularly.
3. Create a good password – Always create a strong and unique password for your wallet that is difficult for hackers to guess.
4. Back up your wallet – It is important to backup your wallet regularly as a precautionary measure in case something goes wrong.
5. Use two-factor authentication – Utilizing two-factor authentication provides an extra layer of protection for your wallet and can help protect you from malicious actors.
6. Do not share your private keys or passwords – You should never share your private keys or passwords with anyone, even if they claim to be from a reputable company.
7. Store your wallet offline – Storing your wallet on a computer that is not connected to the internet is the best method to ensure its security.