1. Uninstall unnecessary programs: Go to the Control Panel, select “Uninstall a Program” and delete any programs you no longer need.
2. Empty your Recycle Bin: Right-click on the Recycle Bin icon and select “Empty Recycle Bin.”
3. Delete temporary files: Use the Disk Cleanup tool to delete temporary files, such as internet history, system error memory dumps, and temporary files.
4. Manage your game downloads: Use game management software, such as Steam and Origin, to manage and delete unwanted games.
5. Manage space hogs: Music, videos, photos, and other media can take up a lot of space. Manage them using an external hard disk or a cloud storage service like Dropbox or Google Drive.
6. Defragment your hard drive: Use the built-in Windows Disk Defragmenter tool to rearrange fragmented data so your computer can run faster and more efficiently.