1. Keep your operating system and software up to date: Regularly updating your operating system and software is one of the best ways to ensure that your system is secure and running optimally. By installing the latest security patches, you can help protect your system from malicious attacks.
2. Install a reliable antivirus and malware protection: Installing a reliable antivirus and malware protection is essential for any computer. Make sure to set the program to scan your system regularly and update its definitions regularly.
3. Use strong passwords: Strong passwords are an essential part of keeping your system secure. Make sure to use complex passwords with a combination of lower and upper case characters, numbers, and special characters.
4. Use secure connections: Using a secure connection when browsing the web or accessing account information can help protect you from malicious activity. Look for websites that use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption for extra security.
5. Restrict user access: Restricting user access based on user role or need can help protect your system from unauthorized access.
6. Monitor network activity: Keeping track of who is accessing your network and what they are doing on it can help detect malicious activity and discover any potential vulnerabilities in your system.