1. Run disk clean-up to delete temporary files and free up disk space.
2. Disable startup programs and services that are not essential for your system to run.
3. Uninstall any programs or apps you don’t use.
4. Adjust your visual effects settings in the Performance Options.
5. Disable unnecessary browser add-ons and extensions.
6. Clean up your hard drive by deleting old files and programs.
7. Make sure your antivirus and other security software is up-to-date.
8. Defragment your hard drive so your programs and files are organized more efficiently.
9. Update your computer’s drivers.
10. Use ReadyBoost to increase system performance.