1. Keep your computer free of dust and other objects that can clog up your cooling systems.
2. Delete old programs and files you no longer use or need.
3. Scan your computer for viruses or malware and remove any threats found.
4. Keep your operating system and programs up to date by installing the latest updates.
5. Uninstall unneeded or unwanted programs.
6. Run a disk defragmenter to reorganize your hard drive files.
7. Increase your RAM if possible.
8. Close programs you are not using.
9. Reduce startup programs.
10. Reset your internet browser from time to time.