Adding a Printer
1. Firstly, you need to determine the type of printer you are connecting. This will determine which printer driver you will need to install.
2. Depending on the type of printer you are connecting, you may need to connect the printer to your computer. If connecting via USB, you will need to plug in the USB cables to the ports on your computer and the printer. If connecting via a wireless network, make sure that the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
3. Once the physical connection has been established, download and install the appropriate printer driver. The printer driver is the software that allows your computer to communicate with the printer.
4. Once the printer driver has been installed, go to the Windows Start menu and type in ‘printers’. You should see a list of installed printers.
5. From here, click on ‘Add a printer or scanner’. This will bring up a window asking you to choose which printer you are connecting.
6. Select the printer from the list and follow the prompts to complete the installation process.
7. Once the printer has been successfully added, you can open the Printers & Scanners settings tab from the Windows Start menu. Here you can view any available printers and check the status of each.
8. To set the default printer, simply click on the printer name and select ‘Set as default’. Any printing jobs sent from your computer will now go to that printer.
Removing a Printer
1. To remove a printer from your computer, open the Printers & Scanners settings tab from the Windows Start menu.
2. From here, click on the printer name that you want to delete and select ‘Remove device’.
3. Follow the prompts to complete the removal process.
4. Once the printer has been removed, you can select a new default printer by going to the Printers & Scanners settings tab and selecting the printer name of the new default printer.