1. Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
2. Select “Hardware and Sound”.
3. Click on “Sound” from the list of options, which will open up the Sound window.
4. In the Sound window, select the Playback tab. This tab will show you all of the audio devices currently connected to your computer.
5. Select the device that you wish to adjust the sound settings for. Generally, this will be your speakers or headset.
6. Click on the Properties button located in the lower right corner of the window.
7. You should now see the Properties window. At the top of the window, there will be a few tabs. Select the tab labelled “Enhancements”.
8. In this tab, you can enable and disable certain sound effects. Some of these include Bass Boost, Surround Sound, Equalizer, and more.
9. Check or uncheck the boxes next to the sound effects that you would like to enable or disable.
10. Once you have made your changes, click the Apply button, followed by the OK button.
11. You should now be back at the Sound window. At the bottom of the window, click the Test button to test out your sound settings.
12. If you are satisfied with the result, click the Close button to close the Sound window. Your sound settings should now be adjusted accordingly.