1. Open the Windows Control Panel. You can do this by searching for “Control Panel” in the Start menu or by clicking the Start button and then selecting “Control Panel” from the list of programs that appears.
2. Once you are in the Control Panel, go to the “Appearance and Personalization” section and click on the “Display” icon.
3. In the Display window, you will see several tabs that contain different settings that you can adjust to change the display of your computer. The most commonly adjusted settings are in the “Settings” tab.
4. Here, you can change your screen resolution, color depth, size of text, icons, and other items on the screen. The resolution is the number of pixels that make up your screen. The higher the number, the sharper and more detailed the images on your screen will be.
5. If you have multiple displays connected to your computer, such as a laptop and an external monitor, you can use the “Multiple Displays” tab to adjust the settings for each one. Here you can choose which display is the main one, extend the desktop across both, duplicate the desktop on both, or only show the desktop on one monitor.
6. The “Personalization” tab lets you customize the look of windows, the desktop background, and the way your screensaver looks. You can also adjust the settings for the Aero theme if you want to change the appearance of the windows.
7. The “Other Options” tab contains some settings that are less often used, such as the refresh rate. This is the rate at which the image on your screen updates itself. If you notice any flickering or tearing of the screen, you may need to adjust the refresh rate.
8. Click “Apply” to save your changes. Your new settings will take effect right away.
9. When you are done making the adjustments to your display settings, click “OK”. The new settings will be saved and your display will look the way you want it to.