Windows system performance settings can be adjusted in the Windows Control Panel. The Windows Control Panel allows users to modify and customize different aspects of their computer system, including system performance. The following steps provide a detailed guide on how to adjust system performance settings in the Windows Control Panel:
1. Launch the Windows Control Panel by typing “control panel” in the Search field on the desktop.
2. Once the Windows Control Panel is opened, click on the “System” option.
3. On the left-hand side of the window, you will see the “Advanced system settings” option. Click on it.
4. Next, click on the “Settings” button within the “Performance” tab. This will open up the Performance Options window.
5. In the Performance Options window, there are four options that can be used to adjust system performance settings. These include Adjust for best performance, Let windows choose what’s best for my computer, Adjust for best appearance and Custom.
6. Select one of the four options according to your preferences. If you are unsure about any of the settings, you can hover over them for more information about their effects.
7. After selecting an option, click on the “Apply” button to save your changes.
8. Finally, click on the “OK” button to close the window and complete the process.
With these simple steps, you can easily adjust system performance settings in the Windows Control Panel. Keep in mind that each option can have different effects on system performance, so choose the one that best fits your needs.