Changing audio and video settings in the Windows Control Panel can help optimize your listening and viewing experiences. This article outlines how to change the settings in the Windows Control Panel for your audio and video devices.
1. To get started, click on the “Start” menu in the bottom left corner of your computer.
2. In the search field type “Control Panel.” This will open a new window with several options.
3. Select the option labeled “Hardware and Sound.”
4. On the resulting page, select “Sound.” This will open a new window with several tabs.
5. Select the tab labeled “Playback.” This tab is where you can adjust sound settings for your audio device.
6. Click the box labeled “Speakers” to select your primary audio output device. If you have any other audio devices connected to your computer, they will be listed here as well.
7. Select the “Properties” button and adjust the audio settings as desired. Make sure to save your changes when finished.
8. To adjust video settings, select the tab labeled “Video.” This tab is where you can adjust video settings for your video device.
9. Click the box labeled “Display” to select your primary video output device. If you have any other video devices connected to your computer, they will be listed here as well.
10. Select the “Properties” button and adjust the video settings as desired. Make sure to save your changes when finished.
11. You can also change the default settings for each device by selecting the “Set Default” button. This button allows you to select a specific device to use as the default when playing audio or video files.
12. When finished, close the Control Panel window. Your audio and video settings should now be changed.
By adjusting your audio and video settings in the Windows Control Panel, you can ensure that your computer is using the correct settings for each device. This can improve sound and image quality and provide an optimal listening and viewing experience.