Windows Control Panel is a central location to make changes to your computer’s settings. It can be used to configure various system settings, such as power settings. Here are the steps you will need to follow in order to change power settings in the Control Panel:
1. Open the Control Panel. To do this, click on the Start button, type in “Control Panel” and press Enter.
2. Once the Control Panel is open, navigate to Power Options. You can do this by clicking on the “System and Security” heading, then “Power Options”.
3. Now that you’ve opened the Power Options window, you can make changes to your power settings. On the left side of the window, click the option labeled “Choose what the power buttons do”.
4. This will open up a new window, where you can configure several different power settings. You can choose whether to put the computer to sleep when you press the power button, or shut it down completely. You can also configure the computer to stay awake while plugged in, or to go into a Standby mode.
5. When you’re done making changes, click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the window, and your changes will take effect immediately.
6. You’ve now successfully changed your power settings in the Control Panel!