1. To change the desktop background in Windows Control Panel, you need to open it first.
2. Click the Start button, then click “Control Panel”. This will open the Control Panel window.
3. Inside the Control Panel window, look for the “Appearance and Personalization” option. Click on it.
4. In the new window, look for the “Desktop Background” link. This link is located on the right side of the window.
5. You will be taken to the Desktop Background window. Here, you can select a picture or a solid color that you want as your background. Select one of your choices.
6. If you want to set the picture as the desktop background, click on the “Picture position” drop-down menu. You can choose from a variety of positions such as “Tile”, “Center”, “Fill”, “Fit”, “Stretch” and “Tile”.
7. After selecting the picture position, click on the “Save changes” button.
8. The new desktop background will now be set.
9. You can also choose to make the same background appear on all monitors by clicking on the “span” check box in the “Display” section.
10. To browse existing wallpapers, click the “Browse” button located at the bottom of the window. You will be taken to a file browser window where you can find your desired wallpaper.
11. Once you have selected the wallpaper, you can then click the “Set Wallpaper” button. This will set the wallpaper as your desktop background.
12. Finally, if you want to preview the wallpaper before setting it as your desktop background, you can click the “Preview” button. This will give you a preview of what the wallpaper will look like when it is set as your desktop background.
13. When you are finished setting the new desktop background, click the “OK” button to close the window and apply the new settings.
14. And that’s it! You have successfully changed your desktop background in Windows Control Panel.