1. Click on Start, and then select Control Panel from the Menu.
2. In the Control Panel window, click on the Hardware And Sound category and then click on Sound.
3. Click on the Recording tab, or if you want to configure audio settings for a speaker, click on the Playback tab.
4. Select the device that you want to configure audio settings for.
5. Click on Properties.
6. In the Properties window, select the audio settings that you want to configure. These settings vary depending on the type of device you’re configuring. Generally speaking, you can adjust the volume, select an input source, enable or disable recording or playback, and choose the number of channels you want the device to be able to process.
7. When you’re finished making adjustments, click OK.
8. Your changes will be saved and the audio settings for the device will be changed. To apply the changes, you may need to restart the computer.