To create a shortcut to a file or folder in Windows, follow the steps below.
1. Right-click on the desktop.
2. Select New from the drop-down menu that appears.
3. Select Shortcut from the next menu.
4. You will now be asked to select the location of the item you wish to make a shortcut for. Browse through your folders and files, and select the item you want.
5. Click Next when you’ve selected the item.
6. You will be asked to give the shortcut a name. Enter the name you want and click Finish.
7. The shortcut will now appear on your desktop. You can now double-click it to open the item it points to.
8. You may also want to change the icon for the shortcut. To do this, right-click on the shortcut, select Properties, and select the Change Icon button. You can then choose an icon from the available options.
9. If you want to move the shortcut elsewhere, such as to the Start Menu, simply drag it there.
10. You can also copy the shortcut to another folder or drive if you wish. To do this, right-click on the shortcut and select Copy. Then go to the location you wish to copy the shortcut to, right-click, and select Paste.