Installing a device driver using the Windows Control Panel is a straightforward process. Here are the steps to install a device driver in the Windows Control Panel:
1. Open the Control Panel window by searching for it in your Start menu or navigating to it in File Explorer.
2. Once the Control Panel window is open, select “Device Manager” from the list of options.
3. The Device Manager window will now be open and you should see a list of the devices currently connected to your computer. Select the device you want to install the driver for.
4. Right-click on the device and select “Update Driver Software…” from the context menu that appears.
5. On the next screen, select “Browse my computer for driver software”.
6. Navigate to the folder where you have the driver files stored. Select the driver file and click “OK”.
7. When prompted, click “Install” to install the driver. Once the installation is complete, restart your computer to complete the driver installation process.
The installation process may vary depending on the operating system version you are running and the driver you are installing. Make sure you check the manufacturer’s website for the latest driver versions before you begin the installation process.