1. Run regular maintenance tasks such as disk clean-up, disk defragmentation and updating your antivirus software.
2. Uninstall programs that you are no longer using.
3. Make sure to use secure passwords and don’t use the same password for different accounts.
4. Keep your software up to date.
5. Use a reliable registry cleaner to fix any registry errors.
6. Keep your hardware clean and free of dust.
7. Avoid freezing up your computer by closing unnecessary applications.
8. Scan your computer regularly with an anti-malware program.
9. Restrict access to user accounts in order to prevent unauthorized usage.
10. Regularly back up important data.