If you wish to manage your notifications in Windows 10, there are several ways you can do so. Below is a guide that will help you take control of your notifications.
1. Unlock the Action Center: Found at the bottom right corner of your screen, the Action Center contains all your notifications from all your installed programs, apps and settings. To unlock it, simply click on the “notifications” icon, or press the windows key + A on your keyboard.
2. Manage notifications for individual apps and programs: You can manage the type of notifications you receive for each app or program as well as control when to get them. Navigate to Settings > System > Notifications & Actions and select the app you want to customize. From there, you can choose which types of notifications you receive from that particular app.
3. Prioritize the notifications: You can prioritize certain notifications by setting them as high priority. To do this, access the same location as in step 2. Select the app you want to prioritize and enable the “High priority notification” switch.
4. Change how you get notified: By accessing Settings > System > Notifications & Actions you can also choose whether to get notifications on your lock screen, action center, taskbar and more.
5. Use Focus Assist: If you’re looking for some peace and quiet, you can use the Focus Assist feature to turn off all notifications during certain times of day. This feature can be found in Settings > Focus Assist.
6. Adjust Notification Volume: If you find the notifications are too loud, then you can easily turn down the volume. Navigate to Settings > System > Sound and select the “App volume and device preferences” link. Here you can adjust the sound level for all incoming notifications.
7. Block Annoying Notifications: If there is an app or program that is constantly sending you annoying notifications, you can easily block all notifications coming from this source. Simply navigate to Settings > System > Notifications & Actions and select the app or program, then toggle the “Block all” switch.
Managing your notifications in Windows 10 is easy and with the above steps you should now have all the knowledge to customize your notification experience to whatever suits your needs.