1. Open the Control Panel. To do this on Windows 10, click on the Start menu and type “Control Panel” into the search bar. Once Control Panel is open, select “System and Security” and then click on “System”.
2. Click on “Advanced system settings”, which will open the System Properties window.
3. In the Performance section, click on Settings. This will open the Performance Options window.
4. On the Visual Effects tab, select the option to “Adjust for best performance”. This will disable all of Windows’ visual effects.
5. Click Apply and then OK. This should improve the speed of your PC.