To reset the scanner settings to factory defaults, the following steps should be followed:
1. Power off the scanner by unplugging it from the wall outlet or turning off the main power switch.
2. Press and hold down the “Scan” and “Copy” buttons simultaneously for about three seconds.
3. Plug in the power cord, or turn on the main power switch.
4. After the scanner powers up, release the “Scan” and “Copy” buttons. The scanner will now be restored to its factory default settings.
5. Make sure to reconfigure any custom settings you may have applied before the reset.
It is also important to note that some models may require a slightly different process to reset their settings. Be sure to consult your owner’s manual for specific instructions on how to reset your scanner’s settings to factory defaults.