1. To adjust the Brightness and Contrast settings on your monitor, you will need to access your computer settings menu. Depending on your operating system, you may need to use the keyboard shortcut of holding down the Alt + F4 keys together or the Windows Key + P key together. Once your settings menu is open, you should see a tab for display settings or display options.
2. Click on the display settings tab or display options tab. This will bring up a menu filled with customization settings for your monitor such as brightness, contrast, resolution and refresh rate. On some computers, this menu may be labeled differently such as the Graphics Properties menu.
3. In the display settings tab or options menu, you will see two sliders labeled “Brightness” and “Contrast”. You can use these two sliders to adjust the intensity of your monitor’s brightness and contrast settings.
4. For best results, you should start by adjusting the Brightness slider first. Move the slider to the left or right depending on the amount of brightness or darkness you would like your screen to have. As you move the slider, your monitor’s brightness will adjust accordingly.
5. After adjusting the Brightness slider, you can then adjust the Contrast slider. By increasing the Contrast, the colors and images on your monitor become more distinct and vivid. Adjust the slider to the desired setting.
6. Once you are satisfied with your settings, you can click “OK” or “Apply” to save your changes. Your monitor will now have the new Brightness and Contrast settings that you have adjusted.
7. Remember to always keep your eye level with your monitor when making adjustments to your settings. Sitting too low or too high can cause you to miss out on valuable details or make your monitor appear dimmer or brighter than it really is.