1. Find a cryptocurrency exchange: Exchange platforms such as Coinbase and Binance allow users to buy, sell and trade cryptocurrencies.
2. Set up an account: To begin trading you need to create an account and verify your identity. This usually involves uploading a copy of government issued ID and proof of address.
3. Transfer funds from your bank account: Once your account is verified you can deposit money from your bank account. This typically takes a few days for the funds to arrive.
4. Buy cryptocurrency: Once your funds have arrived you can begin buying and selling different types of cryptocurrency.
5. Store your cryptocurrency in a wallet: After you’ve made a purchase you should store your coins in a secure wallet. There are lots of different wallets available, so make sure you choose one that suits your needs.