1. Start by researching different exchanges. Read reviews from external sources and check their security measures, reputation, and trading fees.
2. Pay special attention to user feedback and ratings. Make sure that the exchange you are considering has been used by many traders and has an overall positive reputation.
3. Check the website’s customer service page and make sure they offer support in your preferred language.
4. Look into the exchange’s withdrawal and deposit procedures, as well as its buying and selling limits.
5. Take advantage of demo accounts if available, or test the platform on a smaller scale with a small amount of money.
6. Ensure there are no hidden fees associated with trading on the exchange.
7. Check whether the exchange is insured, so in case of theft or hacking the funds can still be recovered.