The Start menu is one of the most essential and frequently used parts of the Windows operating system. It is the primary way to access apps, settings, files, and other functions on your computer. A customized Start menu can give you quick access to the programs and tools you use most, making it easier and faster to accomplish tasks. Additionally, customizing your Start menu to reflect your unique style can make your computer more pleasant and enjoyable to use.
Here are some tips on how to customize the Start menu:
1. Change the size of the Start menu: The Start menu can be resized to fit your screen. To do this, open the Start menu, right-click on an empty area on the taskbar and select “Taskbar Settings”. Then, under “Start Menu Size,” select either “Small” or “Large” to adjust the size of the Start menu.
2. Pin items to the Start menu: Pins let you keep frequently used apps and websites readily available in the Start menu. To pin an app, open the Start menu, right-click on the app, and select “Pin to Start.” You can also drag and drop items from the apps list or the web browser into the Start menu.
3. Rearrange tiles: If you want to move a tile to another location, simply click and drag it. To move multiple tiles, select the first tile and then hold down the Ctrl key while clicking the other tiles you want to move. All the selected tiles can then be dragged to the desired location.
4. Add or remove tiles: You can add new tiles to the Start menu by clicking on the “Add a tile” button. You can also remove tiles by right-clicking them and selecting “Unpin from Start.”
5. Change individual tile settings: To change the look and behavior of individual tiles, right-click on the tile and select “Open File Location.” From here, you can choose whether to pin the app to the Start menu, toggle its live tile notifications, and more.
6. Customize the Start menu background: You can add a custom background image to the Start menu by right-clicking on any empty area on the desktop, selecting “Personalize,” and then choosing “Choose Your Picture” under “Background.”
Customizing the Start menu is a great way to make your computer more personalized and productive. Hopefully, these tips will help you create a Start menu that reflects your style and meets your needs.