1. Check the team behind the ICO. Do they have a proven track record? Are they able to provide a detailed plan of how they intend to use the funds raised in the ICO?
2. Research the project itself. Investigate their white paper, roadmap and token economics. Make sure that their stated goals are realistic and achievable.
3. Examine the ICO’s legal compliance. Is the ICO registered with the appropriate authority in its jurisdiction or is it following smart contract best practices?
4. Look for feedback from other ICO investors. Have others who have already invested in the ICO reported positive or negative experiences?
5. Monitor the ICO’s progress. Track market movements and observe the development of the project as it moves from conception to launch.