Runtime Broker is a legitimate system process in Windows which can manage App permissions. But for some reasons, the users have found that this process is using too much RAM or CPU.
There 3 ways to fix Runtime Broker high CPU/RAM load issue:
a. Disable get tips & tricks
- Click Settings in start menu, and choose System
- Choose “Notifications & actions”, then uncheck “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows”
- Restart your computer
b. Disable background Apps
- Go to “Settings” and choose “Privacy”
- Scroll down to find “Background Apps” and click it
- Disable the background apps which you do not need to run
c. Disable Runtime Broker by registry editor
- Type “Regedit” in Windows 10 search box
- Try to find “TimeBrokerSvc” from “HKEY_Local_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services”. Then double click “Start” on the right and change the value from “3” to “4”
- Restart the system, and you won’t find Runtime Broker in task manager
Try to use the above methods to fix the Runtime Broker consuming high usage issue. Any other suggestions, please leave a comment below. Thanks.