1. Look for exchanges that come with good reviews and high ratings from independent websites or review sites.
2. Check the security measures they employ, such as two-factor authentication and encryption of personal data.
3. Research any reports of hacks or other security issues in the past.
4. Look into the liquidity of the exchange.
5. Check whether the exchange is open to audit and verification by regulatory bodies.
6. Identify the customer support offered by the exchange and its response time.
7. Consider the fees and charges associated with each transaction.
8. Uncover the deposit methods accepted by the exchange.
9. Study the geographical restrictions on the exchange.
10. Make sure the exchange has a good track record and is known for providing sound advice and service.