1. Do your research: Before investing in any cryptocurrency, ensure that you thoroughly research the coin in question. Read up on its use-case, technology, and team, and make sure it is a legitimate cryptocurrency with a large base of users and real-world applications.
2. Invest cautiously: Only invest what you can afford to lose. Do not take on additional risk when it comes to investing in cryptocurrency.
3. Be aware of scams: Be aware of common scams such as phishing emails and fake ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings). If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
4. Secure your wallet: Keep your cryptocurrency stored in a secure wallet and protect it with strong passwords and two-factor authentication.
5. Use regulated exchanges: When buying and selling cryptocurrency, always use reputable and regulated exchanges. These exchanges employ strict security measures to help protect your funds.