1. Open a Web browser and navigate to the website of the service or account that requires a password.
2. Log in to the service or account with the existing username and password.
3. Once logged in, locate the section labeled “Change Password,” “My Account” or a similar option that will allow you to reset the password.
4. Enter the existing password as prompted.
5. Create a new password for the account by typing it into the required field. Generally, passwords should be at least eight characters long and contain both upper- and lower-case letters as well as numbers.
6. Retype the new password into the specified field.
7. Select a security question from the available list and enter an answer. This is used to help verify your identity in the event you need to reset the password again.
8. Click Submit or Save to finalize the new password.