1. Check your system for unnecessary start-up programs and disable them.
3. Upgrade to a Solid State Drive or Hybrid Drive.
4. Defragment your hard drive.
5. Run disk clean up to remove temporary files.
6. Update your operating system and software regularly.
7. Uninstall any unnecessary software program.
8. Run the ‘check disk’ utility to identify and repair hard drive errors.
9. Disable visual effects such as animations and shadows.
10. Reduce the amount of applications running in the background.