There could be a few different reasons why your scanner is not scanning documents. The most common causes of issues like this are listed below:
1. Software Issues: Make sure you have the most up to date version of the software installed and the drivers correctly installed. You might also need to reinstall the software or update the drivers.
2. Hardware Issues: Check that all the cables are properly connected and the USB port is working. It is also possible that there is a hardware issue with the scanner itself, such as a malfunctioning part, so be sure to check if anything appears to be physically damaged. If the problem still persists, then it is time to call the manufacturer for further assistance.
3. Scanner Settings: Most scanners will require certain settings to be configured in the software prior to scanning. Be sure to double-check the scan options and ensure they are set up correctly.
4. Document Size: Many scanners are limited to a certain size, and if your document may be too big or too small, it may not scan properly. Try reducing or enlarging the size of the document and see if it works.
5. Low Quality Scan: Sometimes a document is scanned at a lower quality than expected or in the wrong format. Check the settings and make sure the resolution is high enough and that the format is compatible with what you need for the document.
6. Dust or Debris: If you are using an old scanner, it is possible that dust or debris has accumulated inside the device. Clean any visible dirt or dust from the rollers and glass plate.
If none of these solutions work, then it may be a good idea to take the scanner to an authorized service center to have it checked out. A technician can better inspect the device and find the source of the problem.