1. Uninstall any unnecessary programs or applications.
3. Analyze your hard drive to see what is taking up the most space.
4. Move large media files such as videos, photos, or music files to an external drive.
5. Compact the hard drive with a disk defragmentation tool.
6. Disable system restore and hibernation options.
7. Clear the Recycle Bin.
8. Look for old documents, out of date backups, or duplicate files and delete them.
9. Use cloud storage for documents, pictures and other files.
10. Monitor the size of your hard drive regularly.