1. Uninstall Unused Programs: Make sure to look through the list of programs you have installed and uninstall any unnecessary or unused software.
2. Delete Temporary Files: Open the Start menu and type “%temp%” into the search box. You will be taken to a folder containing all of your temporary files. Delete these files to help free up space.
3. Remove Old Downloads: Check the folders you have setup for file downloads and delete any files you no longer need.
4. Clear Your Recycle Bin: To do this, right-click on the Recycle Bin icon, select “Empty Recycle Bin” and then click “Yes” when prompted to confirm the action.
5. Use Disk Cleanup: Disk Cleanup is a Windows utility that allows you to quickly delete temporary and other unneeded files from your hard drive.
6. Use A File-Deleting Tool: There are several free tools available that can help you easily delete unwanted files. CCleaner is a popular choice.