1. Too Many Programs Running at the Same Time: Having too many programs running at the same time can cause your computer to slow down. When a computer is running multiple programs, it can take up more of the system’s resources, resulting in slower performance.
2. Overheating: If your computer has been running for a long time, it can begin to overheat. When your computer overheats, it can cause the fan to work harder and reduce its overall performance.
3. Overloaded Hard Drive: Another common cause of PC slowdown is having an overloaded hard drive with too much data stored on it. Everything from music and photos to programs run off the hard drive and if it is full, then the computer will be slower.
4. Malware: Malware is malicious software that can damage your computer. It can infect your programs, corrupt your files, and even delete data, all of which can slow down your PC.
5. Lack of Maintenance: Without regular maintenance, such as cleaning out unnecessary files and deleting old programs, your PC can become clogged and run slowly.