1. Keep your operating system up to date. Install any security updates, bug fixes and feature updates as soon as they become available.
2. Make sure you have enough storage space. Run a disk clean-up and uninstall any programs that you don’t use.
3. Check if your drivers are up to date and if not, update them. This can improve performance and stability.
4. Run a full system scan with up-to-date antivirus software.
5. Remove any malware and viruses.
6. Check your hard drive for errors and optimize it if necessary.
7. Clean dust and debris from the computer’s interior and fans.
8. Close unnecessary programs when not in use to prevent overloading the CPU.
9. Adjust the power settings to balance performance and energy use.