There are many exchanges and marketplaces available to buy and sell cryptocurrencies. Most major exchanges require you to setup an account before you can start trading and some require proof of identity. Depending on your jurisdiction, you may also need to pay taxes on any profits made from trading cryptocurrencies.
1. Coinbase: Coinbase is one of the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. They offer a wide variety of coins including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and more. They also offer insured custody for institutional investors for up to $255 million.
2. Binance: Binance is a leading global cryptocurrency exchange based in Malta. It supports over 100 digital assets, offers high liquidity, and allows users to trade with the lowest fees on the market. Advanced traders can also access sophisticated trading tools such as margin trading and stop-limit orders.
3. Kraken: Kraken is another popular cryptocurrency exchange based in San Francisco. The exchange is fully regulated and licensed to operate in the US and other countries around the globe. The platform offers advanced features such as margin trading, futures contracts, and stop-limit orders.
4. Bitfinex: Bitfinex is a Hong Kong-based cryptocurrency exchange designed for retail and professional traders. The platform offers a wide range of coins, high liquidity, and advanced trading tools. It is also known for its low transaction fees.
5. LocalBitcoins: LocalBitcoins is a peer-to-peer marketplace where users can buy and sell bitcoins directly from each other. The platform offers a secure and trustless environment to complete transactions without having to go through a central exchange.
6. Huobi: Huobi is a leading global cryptocurrency exchange based in Singapore. The platform supports over 200 digital assets and provides advanced trading tools. It also offers OTC services for businesses looking to buy or sell large amounts of cryptocurrency.
7. OKEx: OKEx is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. It supports over 500 digital assets and provides its customers with advanced trading features such as margin trading and derivatives trading. The exchange also offers an array of additional services such as crypto loans, staking, and more.
8. eToro: eToro is a popular social trading platform that allows users to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrencies. The platform has a user-friendly interface and provides users with a wide range of trading tools. It also offers copy trading, which allows inexperienced traders to mimic experienced traders’ strategies.
9. Coindirect: Coindirect is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency marketplace where users can buy, sell and exchange digital coins. It also offers digital wallet services and provides market data for traders to track and analyze digital currency trends.
10. LocalCryptos: LocalCryptos is a decentralized marketplace that allows users to buy, sell and trade Ethereum-based tokens. It offers a secure platform to transact with escrow service, KYC verification, and multi-signature wallets.