1. Upgrade RAM. Increasing the amount of RAM in your system will help to boost performance, allowing it to run faster when multiple applications are open.
2. Replace or upgrade your processor. If you have an older processor, replacing it with a faster and more powerful one can increase speed significantly.
3. Replace or upgrade your hard drive. An SSD (Solid State Drive) provides faster read/write speeds than traditional spinning drives, increasing system performance.
4. Install a faster cooling system. Many computers come with standard cooling options that may be insufficient for high performance. Installing a better cooling solution can help reduce heat and allow for faster performance.
5. Overclock your components. For users wanting to squeeze every bit of performance out of their system, overclocking their components can help increase speed. However, this should be done carefully as it can cause instability and even damage the system.