1. Keep your antivirus software up to date.
3. Use strong passwords and two-factor authentication when possible.
4. Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to encrypt your internet traffic.
5. Regularly back up your data and store it in multiple, secure locations.
6. Disable any unnecessary services or programs to reduce attack surfaces.
7. Avoid connecting to public Wi-Fi networks unless absolutely necessary.
8. Only download software from trusted sources.
9. Be mindful of links and attachments in emails and on social media.
10. Be careful when clicking links sent to you via text or IM message.