1. Unused Programs – Unused programs can take up space on your hard drive and slow down your computer’s performance. Removing any programs that you don’t use anymore can free up memory and help speed up your PC.
2. Bloatware – Pre-installed programs that come with a new computer, such as trial versions of antivirus software or media players, can take up valuable space and slow down the system significantly. You should uninstall any programs you do not need.
3. Outdated Software – Older versions of software can also take up precious resources and slow down your machine. Make sure to keep all of your software up-to-date for best performance.
4. Unwanted Browser Toolbars – Browser toolbars, such as Yahoo! and Google, can slow your browser’s performance and cause unwanted pop-ups. Uninstall these barters to help improve browser performance.
5. Malware and Adware – Malware and adware can infect your computer and reduce performance. Make sure to keep your anti-virus software up-to-date and run regular scans to identify and remove any infections.