1. Run a virus scan. Malware or viruses can cause your computer to slow down. If you have anti-virus software installed, run a full scan of your computer and delete any malicious software.
2. Check for unnecessary programs. Often computers can become slow because of programs running in the background that take up memory and processing power. Review the list of programs running in the background and delete any that are unnecessary.
3. Delete temporary files. Temporary files can accumulate on your computer, taking up storage space and slowing down performance. Delete them regularly.
4. Defragment your hard drive. Over time, files on your hard drive can become fragmented which slows down performance. Run disk defragmenter regularly to speed up your computer.
5. Increase RAM. If your computer is still running slowly, adding additional RAM can help speed up your computer.