If your antivirus service suddenly stops working in Windows, there are a few steps you can take to try and troubleshoot the issue and get the service running again.
1. Restart your computer: One of the simplest things you can do is restart your computer. This will reinitialize the programs that are running and may help solve the issue.
2. Check your internet connection: Sometimes, the issue can be caused by a broken or slow internet connection. If this is the case, check your internet connection and make sure it is working properly.
3. Uninstall and reinstall your antivirus software: If restarting your computer does not fix the problem, you may need to uninstall and reinstall your antivirus software. This will replace any corrupt files and settings that may have caused the program to stop working.
4. Update your antivirus software: Make sure that your antivirus program is up to date. Older versions of antivirus programs may not be able to detect some modern viruses, so it’s important to keep your antivirus software up to date.
5. Scan for malware: Malware, or malicious software, can interfere with your antivirus program and cause it to stop working. It’s important to run a full system scan to remove any malicious software that may be present.
6. Repair or reinstall Windows: If none of these steps work, you may need to repair or reinstall Windows. This will replace any damaged files or settings and may help fix the issue.
7. Restore your computer to a previous state: If all else fails, you may need to restore your computer to a previous state using System Restore. This will take your computer back to a previous point in time when everything was working properly.
8. Contact the manufacturer: If you are still having trouble, contact the manufacturer of your antivirus software. They should be able to provide more support and help solve the issue.
Following these steps should help you troubleshoot any issues with your antivirus service in Windows. However, if the problem persists, it may be a sign of a more serious issue and you should contact a professional for help.