1. Security: Look for an exchange that has a good track record of security and uses multi-factor authentication and cold storage methods to protect your funds.
2. Reputation: Research the exchange and read customer reviews to get a sense of the company’s reputation.
3. Fees: Consider the trading fees and any deposit/withdrawal fees.
4. Accessibility: Does the exchange allow you to trade in multiple crypto assets? Does it provide access to different national currencies?
5. Customer Support: Find out what type of customer support is available and how quickly customer queries are responded to.