1. Make sure your operating system is up-to-date with the latest patches and security updates.
2. Ensure you are running the latest version of your antivirus program and scan your PC regularly for viruses and other malicious software.
3. Install an anti-spyware program and run scans regularly.
4. Remove any unnecessary programs and files from your PC.
5. Clean up your hard drive by using a disk cleanup utility to delete temporary files, internet history, and other junk.
6. Check your startup programs and services and disable any that you don’t need.
7. Defragment your hard drive regularly.
8. Use a registry cleaner to scan and repair any errors in your Windows Registry.
9. Make sure you have enough RAM installed to run all your applications properly.
10. Make sure your computer is properly ventilated and use an anti-static mat when working inside the case.