1. Update your operating system and hardware drivers.
3. Avoid running too many programs at the same time.
4. Limit the number of programs that start automatically when you boot your computer.
5. Run anti-virus and anti-malware software regularly.
6. Defragment your hard drive occasionally.
7. Add more RAM or replace existing RAM with higher capacity RAM.
8. Enable page file/virtual memory to increase performance.
9. Disable unnecessary visual effects in Windows.
10. Change your power settings to “high performance” or “power saver.”