1. Run virus and malware scans: Install an anti-virus program on your computer and regularly scan for viruses, malware, and other potential threats.
2. Check for updates: Make sure that you keep your system updated with the latest security patches, bug fixes, and other important software updates.
3. Clean up your hard drive: Remove unnecessary files and programs to free up space on your machine.
4. Defragment your hard drive: Regularly defragmenting your hard drive can help optimize its performance.
5. Regularly run disk repair utilities: Look for disk repair applications that can help identify and correct disk errors.