1. Malicious Software – Malware, viruses, Trojans, spyware, and other malicious software can slow down a PC by consuming system resources and/or corrupting data.
2. Large Programs – Running large programs like video games, image and video editing software, or CAD applications can take up a lot of processing power and RAM, ultimately leading to a slower PC.
3. Overloaded Startup Programs – Too many programs running at startup can be taxing for a computer, resulting in slow performance.
4. Low Disk Space – When disk space is low, your computer has to work extra hard to run each program. This can slow down the entire system.
5. Outdated Drivers – Outdated drivers can cause hardware components to not be used efficiently, which can lead to slower performance.