To open two windows side-by-side in Windows up to 2000, follow the steps below:
1. Open the first window by either clicking on its shortcut or searching for it in the Start menu.
2. Once the first window opens, press and hold the “Windows” key + the right arrow key on your keyboard at the same time. This will make the window move to the right side of your screen.
3. Open the second window in the same way as before.
4. Press and hold the “Windows” key + the left arrow key on your keyboard at the same time. This will make the window move to the left side of your screen.
5. Once both windows are on the screen, you can adjust their size by clicking and dragging the border between them. You can also drag a corner of one window to resize it.
6. To switch between the two windows quickly, press and hold the “Windows” key + the Tab key on your keyboard. This brings up an overview of all the open windows, allowing you to quickly select the one you want.
7. To close both windows simultaneously, press and hold the “Alt” key + the F4 key on your keyboard.
You can also use the “snap” feature in Windows 8 and 10 to quickly open and arrange two windows side-by-side. Just drag and drop the window to one side of the screen and then drag and drop the other window to the opposite side of the screen. The two windows will automatically snap into place and adjust their sizes according to the size of the screen.