Renaming a file on Windows is a quick and easy task that can be completed in just a few steps.
1. First, open the folder containing the file you want to rename. You can either do this by navigating to it in File Explorer or using the search bar at the bottom of your taskbar.
2. Once you have the folder open, locate the file and right-click on its name.
3. Select “Rename” from the list of options that appear. This will highlight the filename so you can change it.
4. To rename your .jpg file, simply type the new filename into the field and hit enter.
5. If you are changing the extension of the file as well as renaming it, click on the “Change” option located at the bottom of the rename box.
6. Select the new file format you would like the file to be in (e.g. “.jpg”) and click “OK”.
7. Your file will now be renamed and saved in the new file format.
Note: You should make sure to only change the filename and not the extension of the file unless you know what you’re doing, as this may cause the file to become corrupted or unable to open.